A diary of Dream   
If you cannot see words, please try to change it's encoding Unicode(UTF-8).

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wakato Bridge

Wakato BridgeWakato Suspension Bridge

Completed in: 1962
(Opened on September 26, 1962)
Structural Type: Suspension bridge, it has a 367 meter main span.
The bridge connects the Wakamatsu and Tobata wards of Kitakyushu from Tobata on the Tobata side of the inlet called Dokai wan.
mapLocation:
Kita-Kyusyu, Fukuoka in Japan
If my memory serves me right, bicycle (bike too), bicycle-drawn, bicycle trailer and cart are at costs of 50 yen.
general car - 200 yen, large - 300 yen, extra-large - 700 yen, but I don't know plain costs.
I'll check it next time again.

Click on the thumbnails. - screen resolution is 1024×768



The Wakato ferry beneath Wakato Bridge

When I saw some site said , it costs only 50 yen to cross from Tobata to Wakamatsu ward and vice versa, which takes just three minutes. It is the cheapest ferry ride in Japan.
Oh, I'm proud of my hometown for it things.
It were general - 20 yen and children less than six years old - 10 yen until some years ago. but I think it costs 100 yen now(2006)..... as time goes on, I forgot it now all costs.
I'll check up next time, this cost too.
I have earliest memories of Wakato ferry. When I was between about two years old and a kindergarten, my step-sister often took me to there.
I liked seeing that from under motor screw propeller, splash water about.....
by ferry
from Wakamatsu to Tobata by ferry
After I have grown, I used to ride oftenner alone. This ferry reminds me of the good old days
from Wakamatsu sidePhoto from Wakamatsu side

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracias por las hermosas fotos del Wakato Ohashi. Estas fotos traen memorias de cuando estudiaba en Kyu-Ko-Dai.
El Ferry entre Tobata y Wakamatsu aun funciona? 9 anyos atras el costo era de 20 yenes por persona.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI~ Mariko.
You live in wonderful place.
Or just photo is good? joke.
I envy you. cause always you can see the sea.
According to google map, it's really close to Korea.
When I come back, I'll visit your place.
Bye~

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

To Freddy
Gracias por las Español comentario.
Un beso grande y un fuerte abrazo.
(*^-^*)hehe~~ I know this phrase. It's a happy turn of phrase and my favorite. Thank you~

To Do Kim
Oh~~ Thank you!
>When I come back, I'll visit your place.
Do you have an opportunity?

Saturday, November 04, 2006 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No es nada. Como estas? Ya hace frio en Japon? Estoy escribiendo en espanyol porque me lo pediste. Entiendes?

Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

To Freddy
bien~bien~ gracias y tu?
frío en Japon abráceme.
sí! yo entiendo.

te extraño.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya hace frio, eh? Si es que estuviera cerca te abrazaria para calentarte.
Aqui en California hace un poco de frio, pero no mucho.
Cuando me envias nuevas fotos tuyas?
Un fuerte abrazo y besos.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Un momento por favor

Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Top my Blog or A dream play By Mariko